How to Make a Complaint

Anyone having a complaint or an allegation that either The Elections Act (EA) or The Election Financing Act (EFA) has been infringed should refer the matter to the Commissioner. Please note that only complaints or allegations regarding provincial elections should be referred to the Commissioner. Matters relating to municipal or federal elections do not fall within his jurisdiction.

A complaint or an allegation will be reviewed to determine its basis and whether or not an investigation or some other recourse is warranted. The Commissioner engages the services of resource persons to assist with his or her mandate in order to resolve matters in a thorough and timely manner.

If you have information about a possible offence under The EA or The EFA that you believe was committed, send the information by mail or email to:

Bill Bowles
The Commissioner of Elections
Province of Manitoba
5 - 165 Kennedy Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 1S6

Phone: (204) 944-9105

You are asked to provide:

  • Your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address (if applicable).
  • A factual description of the matter including events, dates, circumstances, actions or inactions that you believe may be an offence.
  • The section or sections of The Elections Act or The Election Financing Act, or the nature of the alleged offence
  • Copies of any documents that you believe are relevant.